CERN OpenLab Summer Students Programme 2019 is a structure designed to create knowledge through research, development, and evaluation of technologies. This knowledge is disseminated through a wide range of channels, from the publication of reports and articles to the organization of workshops and seminars at CERN. These events often feature lectures given by representatives of our collaborating companies, as well as hands-on practice with the latest ICT solutions.
CERN OpenLab Summer Students Programme 2019
Each summer, CERN
During two full months corresponding to 9 weeks (June-August 2019), CERN
- Geneva, Switzerland
Eligibility Criteria For CERN OpenLab Summer Students Programme 2019
In order to qualify for a place on the programme you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You are a Bachelor or Master student (not
PhD) with a strong computing profile and will have completed, by summer 2019, at least three years of full-time studies at university level.
- You will remain registered as a student during your stay at CERN. If you expect to graduate during European summer 2019 (as of May), you are also eligible to apply.
- You have not worked at CERN before with any other status (Technical Student, Trainee, User or
other status) for more than 3 months.
- You have a good knowledge of English; knowledge of French would be an advantage.
- Candidates of all nationalities are welcome to apply for this Summer Student Programme.
Benefits Of CERN OpenLab Summer Students Programme 2019
CERN will provide you with:
- A contract of association of 9 weeks to work on an advanced IT project.
- An extensive IT lecture programme, students will also be able to attend the CERN generic summer student lecture programme if they wish.
- A 90 CHF per calendar day (net of tax) subsistence allowance to cover the cost of accommodation and meals in the Geneva area for a single person for the whole contract duration.
- A travel allowance on a lump sum basis paid at the end of your stay to help you with the cost of travel between Geneva and your residence at the time of the selection committee.
- Coverage by CERN’s comprehensive Health Insurance scheme (contribution is already deducted from the daily allowance).
- Assistance to find accommodation on the CERN site or nearby.
How To Apply For CERN OpenLab Summer Students Programme 2019
You will need the following documents to complete your application (please make sure to name the documents accordingly e.g. CV, motivation letter, academic transcript, reference letter):
- A CV in either English or French.
- A copy of your most recent academic transcript giving an overview of your marks (if you download it from your university portal please make sure there is no protection so that we can open it).
- At least one reference letter (dated less than 12 months), preferably 2.
Once your application has been submitted, you will receive a confirmation e-mail which contains a link. If you have not yet uploaded your reference letters when applying, you should forward this link to at least one referee, so that they can upload their recommendation letter. Please note that this must be done before the application deadline (31 January 2019).
Selection procedure For CERN OpenLab Summer Students Programme 2019
Candidates who meet the eligibility criteria and have completed their application before the deadline will pass to the next step of the selection process. The final results of the selection procedure will be communicated to the candidates by mid-April.
More Scholarships Here:
- Jilin University International Chinese Government Scholarship 2019-2020
- Islamic Development Bank Scholarship IsDB 2019
- Bahauddin Zakariya University Multan PEEF Master Level Scholarships 2019
- PEEF Chief Minister Merit Scholarship (CMMS) Program 2019-20
- Danish Government Scholarship For International Students At Denmark
- Holland Scholarship For Non-EEA International Countries 2019