To contribute to development needs of Commonwealth countries by providing training for skilled and qualified professionals and academics, and to contribute to UK higher education and foreign policy aims by encouraging collaboration and links.
Commonwealth Scholarships are for candidates from low and middle income Commonwealth countries, for fulltime Masters & doctoral study (PhD) at a UK University. These scholarships are offered under following six themes:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
The admission is open under Commonwealth scholarship in United Kingdom for 2019. Basic eligibility requirements are as follow:
To apply for these scholarships, you must:
- Be a Pakistani/AJ&K national & permanent resident of Pakistan/AJ&K
- Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2019
- For Master Scholarship, candidate by closing date of application must hold a first class/first Division degree complete in all aspects in graduate qualification (16 years degree i.e. MSC/MA/MBA/BS/BBA etc) in the relevant field of study.
- For PhD Scholarship, candidate by closing date of application must hold a first class/first Division degree complete in all aspects in postgraduate qualification (17/18 years MS/MPhil degree) in the relevant field of study.
- Not have any third division throughout your academic career and maximum of two second divisions are allowed but candidate must not have second division in the terminal/ last degree.
- Must apply under one of the themes as mentioned above and on the CSC website and candidate’s field of study must be in line with future development needs of Pakistan.
- NOT be registered for a PhD, or an MPhil leading to a PhD, or Masters at a UK university before September/October 2019 or candidate not have studied at same level in UK before.
- Be financially unable to afford study in the United Kingdom without this scholarship.
- Apply online at HEC website . After registering and filling your profile, please select “Learning Opportunities Abroad” under “Scholarship and Grant” menu in left hand side panel of the online portal. After that apply online to Commonwealth Scholarship through EAS form for doctoral studies (PhD) through Electronic Application System (EAS) at:Masters: click herePhD: Click here
- All the applications for Masters/PhD without submitting both EAS Application form and online HEC form will not be entertained in any case.
- Save your HEC online application & Commonwealth online application after successful submission to relevant portals.
- Hardcopies of HEC application form (alongwith relevant academic documents viz. transcripts, equivalence for foreign degree, statement of purpose, study/research plan, copies of CNIC, Domicile) & submitted Commonwealth scholarship forms may be kept saved. They will be taken from shortlisted candidates only
- HEC may conduct test/interview or both to shortlist candidates.
- Commonwealth UK does not accept direct applications. All nominations from Pakistan will be routed via HEC.
- HEC endorses equal opportunity; therefore, females are encouraged to apply.
- HEC will shortlist eligible applicants based on selection criteria i.e. highest academic merit, quality of study/research plan, and relevancy of candidate’s selected field with Pakistan’s future development needs, provincial/regional quota and the number of scholarship slots allocated for Pakistani students.
- By-hand applications, incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will NOT be accepted. The recommendation of nominating agency i.e. HEC will be final and binding.
- Please note that HEC has facilitation role in nomination process, as final selection will be made by the donor country. Further, HEC will have no financial liability regarding this scholarship.
- In case of submitting false information at any stage, HEC reserves the rights to cancel and debar for all future scholarships as well as impose penalty, as decided by HEC.
- It is the sole responsibility of applicants to ensure that they apply to HEC Online system and EAS Online application form simultaneously before the deadline of 12th December 2018, as applications submitted after the deadline shall NOT be entertained in any case
Do not send your hardcopies of applications at this stage. The deadline to apply online at both portals is 12th December, 2018