Applications are invited for fully funded ( DAAD SCHOLARSHIP) Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst German Academic Exchange Service DAAD Helmut-Schmidt-Programme (Master’s Scholarships for Public Policy and Good Governance) 2019-2020 from international students.
This programme is designed to further qualify future leaders in politics, law, economics and administration according to the principles of good governance and to prepare them in a practice-oriented course for their professional life. Very good graduates with a first university degree get the chance to obtain a master’s degree in disciplines that are of special relevance to the social, political and economic development of their home country. The knowledge and experience acquired in Germany should enable the scholarship holders to later contribute to the establishment of democratically oriented economic and social systems aimed at overcoming social differences. With this programme, DAAD intends to support the good governance and civil society structures in selected partner countries and regions.
DAAD Scholarship 2019- 2020 Details:
The scholarship programme is open to graduates in the field of social sciences, political sciences, law, economics and in public administration from Africa, Central and Latin America, Asia, from countries in the Middle East as well as from Ukraine (see list of countries).
The programme is open for very well qualified graduates with a first university degree (bachelor or equivalent) who want to actively contribute to the social and economic development of their home countries. It is offered both for young graduates without professional experience and for mid-career professionals.
Checkout More Scholarships CLICK HERE
Benefits Of DAAD Scholarship:
- Study free in Germany.
- Scholarship of monthly 850 € for selected MA programmes at German institutions of higher education listed below. The study programmes are usually starting in Sep/Oct 2020 and are taught in German and/or English.
- Contributions to health insurance in Germany
- Appropriate travel allowance
- Study and research subsidy
- Monthly rent subsidy where applicable,
- Allowances for spouses and/or children where applicable.
- 6-months-German language course from April 2020 to September 2020.
- The language course takes place at selected institutes in Germany and usually not at the universities of the selected MA programmes. The language course is compulsory also for those who attend a master´s course taught in English.
DAAD Helmut-Schmidt-Programme Requirements:
Main DAAD selection criteria:
- Study results so far
- Language skills
- Political and social engagement
- convincing description of the subject-related and personal motivation for the study project in Germany and the expected benefit when returning to the home country
- Expected benefit when returning to the home country
The Most recent university degree should be obtained in the last six years prior to the application for the scholarship. Applicants who have stayed in Germany for more than 15 months at the time of the application deadline are not considered as eligible. All master´s courses have further additional requirements that must be fulfilled by the applicants in any case.
How To Apply:
Applications must be submitted in German or English.
Please indicate that you are applying for the DAAD Helmut-SchmidtProgramme (Master’s scholarships for Public Policy and Good Governance). You are allowed to submit your application for up to two master`s courses listed below.
Steps To Apply:
- Fill in the DAAD Application form for Research Grants and Study Scholarships only once making clear which study course is your first and which is your second priority.
- Write a single letter of motivation for both university courses you choose, justifying your first and second priority choice.
- Send the DAAD scholarship form together with the letter of motivation and accompanied with the necessary documents listed below to the two universities of your choice. Do NOT send it to DAAD.
Required Documents For Apply:
- DAAD Application form for Research Grants and Study Scholarships (only electronically editing possible)
- Hand-signed and dated motivation letter (one single letter for both universities) containing a precise description of the applicant’s academic/professional and personal reasons for choosing those MA-programmes and universities (two pages maximum)
- Hand-signed and dated full curriculum vitae including information about the precise field of your studies and, if applicable, description of job experience.
- Copy of acquired university degrees (please attach an explanation of the grading system)
- Copy of the transcript of records
- Recent language certificates (German and/or English)
- One letter of recommendation, signed and recently dated by your university professor or current employer, supplemented by an official letterhead, and stamp (not in a sealed envelope
The application period at all 8 universities lasts from June 1st to July 31st, 2019.
Please submit only legible copies of your documents. Please consider that illegible documents can lead to a formal rejection.
Applications sent to the DAAD will not be forwarded to the respective course/university. They become property of the DAAD and will not be returned. The applicant has no right to claim for reimbursement.
In case your application is sent to more than two universities or if nonspecific priorities are given your application will not be accepted.
Only complete applications can be accepted.
If you fail to follow the given procedures, you will be excluded from the application process.
In autumn 2019 a selection committee consisting of university professors and DAAD representatives meets and suggests potential candidates for a DAAD scholarship.
November/December 2019: the suggested candidates are contacted by DAAD to upload their complete application to the DAAD Portal. Important: Make sure that you have a copy of each document of your application ready, as those documents (as PDF files) have to be uploaded to the DAAD Portal in case you are suggested for a DAAD scholarship!.
Winter 2019/20: the selection process will be finalized. All applicants will be informed at the end of the selection process – approx. by the end of December 2019.
Click Here To Download More Information about Free Education in Germany by DAAD Scholarship 2020.