The Irish government is now accepting applications for Government of Ireland – International Education Scholarships (GOI-IES) for the year 2019-2020. The Government of Ireland Scholarships 2019-2020 is for students from non-EU/EEA countries. The internationalization of Irish higher education is a key element in the delivery of a quality teaching, learning and research experience for students and staff and for building international engagement for the sector.
The Government of Ireland Scholarships 2019-2020 is for all fields of studies including:
- Undergraduate program
- Master’s degree program
- PhD or Research program
The aim of the 2019 Government of Ireland Scholarships scheme is to reflect Ireland’s engagement in target partner countries. The scheme is operated in the higher education sector and funded in partnership between the Government and the higher education institutions (HEIs). The Government of Ireland – International Education Scholarship (GOI-IES) scheme was established under the provisions of the Government’s International Education Strategy, 2010–2015 and expanded under the successor strategy.
It is expected that a total of 60 scholarships will be funded by the Government of Ireland International Education Scholarships for the academic year 2019/2020. Scholarships may be approved for study across all disciplines, subject to the availability of places.
Aim Of Irish government Scholarship:
Scholarships must be regarded as highly desirable and value-adding to individuals’ subsequent lives and careers. In view of this, the GOI-IES will be awarded:
- To high calibre higher education students from non-EU/EEA countries;
- To study in Ireland for a period of one year
Benefits for Higher Education sector:
GOI-IES will reflect Ireland’s commitment to excellence in the provision of higher education for both domestic and international students:
- For scholarships that will highlight Ireland’s strengths as a centre of international education;
- To promote links with target markets globally;
- To strengthen the internationalisation strategies of HEIs especially in the context of the system performance framework.
Government of Ireland Scholarship Details:
The scheme is managed by the Higher Education Authority (HEA), on behalf of the Department of Education and Skills. Following a competitive process based on an annual call for proposals from individual applicants, the HEA will approve a defined number of scholarships under the scheme to successful applicants.
- The HEA will award a scholarship fund to the student amounting to €10,000 for one study year.
- FULL fee waiver
- living expenses
How To Apply:
Applicants will need to apply for admission to a relevant Bachelor, Master or PhD programme offered by an eligible Higher Education Institution as per that HEI’s admission procedures. Applicants are expected to have a conditional or final offer of admission to the HEI at the time of application and will be required to submit a copy of same. Should an applicant be in receipt of more than one offer, separate applications may be submitted for each course
Eligible students are invited to submit applications to the HEA via the official online application process (Link Given Below). A marking system (total 100 marks) is part of the call with the relevant scores shown in brackets after the key selection criteria.
The applications must cover the following:
- Academic qualifications, achievements and/or work experience (40 marks)
- Personal Statement (refer to the Candidate profile). Applicants will be required to demonstrate:
- The benefit of becoming a GOI-IES Scholar; to themselves (personally and professionally), to Ireland, as well as their country of origin. (15 marks)
- How they will extend themselves beyond their project/studies to become actively involved in Irish society in order to maximize their academic/cultural exchange experience and to raise awareness of the GOI-IES scheme in Ireland and beyond (15 marks)
- The extent to which they have a long-term interest in Ireland and how they will promote links with Ireland during their time as Scholars and also after as Alumni.
- Two references (15 marks)
Submission of Applications
- The Call for Applications is now live and accepting applications.
- The application should be submitted via LINK GIVEN BELOW
- The HEA will advise the applicants and the HEIs of the outcome of
theevaluationprocess by 31 May 2019.
DEADLINE For Government of Ireland Scholarships 2019-2020
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 29 March 2019(Irish Time). Late applications will not be accepted
More Details About Government of Ireland – International Education Scholarships (GOI-IES): CLICK HERE