HEC invites applications from Pakistani/AJ&K nationals for the Stipendium Hungarian Scholarship Programme 2019-20, under bilateral Higher Education and Scientific Exchange Programme between the Government of Hungary and Higher Education Commission (HEC), Government of Pakistan. All awards will be made on the basis of the academic merit, quality of the research proposal, potential of the candidate, likely impact of the work on the development of Pakistan. The Programme is managed by Higher Education Commission, Islamabad and Tempus Public Foundation, Hungary.
Stipendium Hungaricum scholarships are available for Pakistani students fulfilling basic eligibility criteria in specified disciplines and other requirements of Hungarian universities under following programs:
- Bachelor Degree (04 years degree programme after 12 years education)
- Master Degree (02 years degree programme after 16 years education)
- PhD Degree (03 years doctoral degree (PhD) after 18 years education)
- Detailed instructions must be read thoroughly before applying/sending applications.
- Applicants are required to submit only online applications. Hard copies of applications and other documents are not
- required at this stage. However, candidates are required to keep record of printed copies and all other related
- Apply online on HEC website: eportal.hec.gov.pk/arl. After submission of application, get its printed copy to be
- signed and stamped by employer (if employed). Attach deposit slip of Rs. 300/- (original) through HEC online
- Account No. 17427900133401 in HBL, H-9, Islamabad. All payments are to be made to HEC through HBL online
- facility available across HBL branches in Pakistan.
- Apply online to this scholarship through the Hungarian website http://apply.stipendiumhungaricum.hu. After
- applying online, get printed copies (one set). Prepare one application set in spiral binding separately containing
- print-out of online Hungarian application form along with all requisite documents as mentioned on website.
- HEC may conduct written test/interviews of initially shortlisted candidates.
- Incomplete applications or applications received after due date will NOT be accepted. The recommendation of
- nominating agency i.e. HEC will be final and binding. Applicants who fail to submit online application forms on BOTH
- websites mentioned at (iii) and (iv) will not be considered for further processing.
- Result-awaiting candidates and previous HEC nominees of this scholarship are not eligible to apply.
- Students applying for PhD studies are advised to get acceptance letters from relevant supervisors of Hungarian
- In case of final selection, candidates have to submit a bond agreement.
- Closing date for submission of online application is December 31, 2018.
HOW TO APPLY
Step.1. HEC Online Application:
- Apply online at HEC website: eportal.hec.gov.pk/arl. After registering and filling your profile, please select “Academic & Research Linkages” under “Scholarship and Grant” menu in left hand side panel of the online portal. After submission of the application, get its printed copy to be signed & stamped by employer (if employed, otherwise not) for record purposes. Attach deposit slip of Rs. 300/- (in original) through HEC online Account No. 17427900133401 in HBL, Shalimar Recording Company Branch, H-9, Islamabad (no other documents to be attached with HEC application form except a deposit slip). All payments are to be made to HEC through HBL online facility. This facility is available in all branches of Habib Bank Ltd (HBL), Pakistan.
Step. 2. Tempus Public Foundation Online Application:
- All applications shall be submitted through the online application system of Tempus Public Foundation. After registration, the applicants are able to access the application surface and upload the required documents. Please note that no applications will be accepted without the online submission and after the deadline. After applying online get its printed copies for record and attach all requisite documents. To apply online please visit:
- All of the following documents are compulsory and need to be submitted to the online application by all applicants until 31st December 2018. Applicants have to make sure to submit the following documents, along with HEC Online application form with deposit slip and Hungarian Online application form: