The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Pakistan is pleased to announce the 6th edition of the annual Bilingual Essay Writing Competition 2019. The topic for this year’s competition is “Trend of violence against health care”.
The ICRC 6th Bilingual Essay Writing Competition is open to all residents of Pakistan, and the last date of submission is 26-April-2019.
The global Health Care In Danger (HOD) Initiative of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is aimed at addressing the issue of violence against patients, health care workers, facilities and vehicles to ensure safe access to and delivery of health care. In Pakistan, the initiative commenced In 2014. In 2015, the ICRC together with its partners conducted a study on violence against health care in Karachi, followed by a similar study In Peshawar in 2018. The study Identified different types of violence and their effects, challenges faced by the health care staff and put forth recommendations for protection of health care against violence. One of the major reasons behind the occurrence of violence against health care Is the negative perceptions prevailing among the public about government hospitals.
About 6th Bilingual Essay Writing Competition
Each year, the ICRC conducts a bi-lingual essay competition centred on the theme of protection of human life and dignity. The topic for this year’s competition is “Trends of violence against health care workers and facilities”, comprising the following points:
- What are the causes behind the trends of violence against health care workers and facilities?
- Who is responsible for the trends of violence against health are workers and facilities?
- Is there a similar trend of violence in government and private hospitals?
- Is there a difference in the behaviors displayed by visitors towards medical staff in government and private hospitals?
- In your opinion, what is the impact of media reports about health care services on the health care staff?
- What are your recommendations for reducing violence against healthcare workers and facilities?
|1||1st prize||Rs. 80,000/-|
|2||2nd prize||Rs. 60,000/-|
|3||3rd prize||Rs. 40,000/-|
- Submissions that pursue a political agenda, or vilify, demean or discriminate against a particular group of people on any basis whatsoever will not be judged favourably.
- Each participant shall be permitted to submit only one individual entry; joint entries shall not be permitted.
- All submissions must be the original work of the participants; plagiarism will result in automatic disqualification.
- The submission should not have previously been submitted for any other publication or for any other competition.
- The word limit for each submission is 5,000 words (excluding footnotes).
- Each submission must be computer-typed. Handwritten submissions will not be accepted.
Deadline for submission:
The deadline for submission is 26-April-2019, Submissions will
Each submission shall be marked out of a total of 100 marks. The marking criteria for the entries
|Quality of Research||25 marks|
|Structure and Clarity||25 marks|
|Presentation and Formatting||10 marks|
Open for all.
The jury will consist of representatives of the ICRC. Their decision shall be final. Prize winners shall be notified through email in July.
Winning entries shall be the property of the ICRC. The ICRC reserves the right to publish these entries in any manner as it may deem appropriate, without providing any royalty or compensation.
How To Submit:
In order to submit 6th Bilingual Essay Writing Competition 2019 send Computer-typed submissions in PDF format shall be emailed as an attachment
Each submission shall include the writer’s name, email address,
contact number and occupation.