Applications are invited by the Pakistan Railways, Headquarters Office, Lahore from candidates to fill up the following vacancies in the below mentioned categories.
- Applicants can apply for more than one category as per qualification requirements.
- The applicants shall submit their applications alongwith attested photocopies of degrees,
experience certificate, charter certificate, Domicile, CNIC etc. directly to Pakistan Testing
Services (PTS) on the below mentioned address:
rd Floor, Adeel Plaza, Fazal-e-Haq Road, Blue Area, Islamabad.
- Details of the above posts, terms and conditions, eligibility and test criteria, application forms
and other information may be seen at website of Pakistan Railways at www.pakrail.gov.pk and
Testing Agency i.e. PTS (Pakistan Testing Services) at www.pts.org.pk.
1. 18-25 years + 5 years General Age Relaxation in upper age limit on the closing date for receipt
of applications i.e. 22.10.2018.
2. The age of candidates belonging to the scheduled Castes, Buddhist Community, Sindh Rural &
Balochistan, recognized triibes of Tribal Areas, Azad Kashmir & Northern Areas is relaxed for
3 years in addition to item No.1 above.
3. In case of Ex-Servicemen, the upper age limits is relaxable to the extent of 15 years or the
number of years actually served in the Armed Forces of Pakistan, whichever is less.
4. The age of Government servants and contract employees who have completed 2 years
continuous Government service on the closing date for receipt of application is relaxable by 10
years in addition to item no. 1.
5. The age of disabled candidates is relaxable by 10 years in the categories in which their quota
has been specified.
6. The age of widow or child of deceased Civil Servant who has died during service is relaxable
by 05 years in addition.
7. Where a candidate is entitled to age relaxation under more than one category specified above,
he shall be allowed relaxation in age only in one category.
8. 18-35 years age limit for the post of LRC and for female applicants only.
HOW TO APPLY:
1. The departmental candidates shall submit their applications through proper channel.
2. Application form shall be filled online by visiting PTS (Pakistan Testing Services) Website
i.e. www.pts.org.pk after filling application form may be downloaded. However, hard copy of
the application form alongwith above mentioned documents will be sent by candidates to PTS
through registered post mail.
3. Application forms may also be obtained from Railway Divisional Offices at Peshawar,
Rawalpindi, Lahore, Multan Sukkur, Karachi, Quetta and Moghalpura.
4. Test Fee shall be paid in any branch of United Bank Limited on prescribed online deposit slip
(Online deposit slip is attached with application form) or demand draft of any Bank payable in
Islamabad in favour M/S PTS (Pakistan Testing Services). No application will be entertained
in case the requisite fee as per instruction is not deposited. PTS’s copy of original slip must be
attached with the hard copy the application forms.
5. Eligibility of the candidates shall be determined on the basis of applicants’ qualification,
performance in written test (to be conducted by PTS i.e. PTS (Pakistan Testing Services) and
interview and criteria/policy devised by the department.
6. Candidates shall submit application form duly filled in alongwith deposit slip/bank draft of
Rs.170/- in favour of M/S PTS (Pakistan Testing Services).
7. Candidates are required to submit hard copy of the application form duly signed and filled,
photo copy of CNIC, attested photocopies of documents and two fresh passport size
photographs and self addressed duly stamped return envelope directly to PTS (Pakistan
Testing Services) through courier on the address mentioned on application form i.e. PTS
(Pakistan Testing Services), 3
rd Floor, Adeel Plaza, Fazal-e-Haq Road, Blue Area,
Last date of submission of applications is 22.10.2018. up to 05:00 PM.
8. Incomplete applications or applications carrying incorrect information shall be summarily
rejected. Only those candidates who fulfill the laid down criteria are eligible to apply. Candidate
to whom final transcript has not been issued are not eligible to apply.
9. Roll No. Slips containing the information regarding test center, timings and test date shall
separately be dispatched directly to candidates by PTS (Pakistan Testing Services) at least
one week before the test.
10. Candidates can also download their Roll No Slips, and papers content distribution from PTS
(Pakistan Testing Services) website later.
11. For any updates, the website of PTS (Pakistan Testing Services) may be visited regularly.
12. No TA/DA shall be admissible for/ interview.
13. The candidate selected will be required to:-
a. To pass prescribed Medical Examination and must be cleared by Security Agencies
b. To undergo specified training.
c. To join duty anywhere in Division of Pakistan Railways i.e. Peshawar, Rawalpindi,
Lahore, Multan, Sukkur, Quetta & Karachi etc.
14. If any document provided by candidates is found bogus at any stage, the appointment will be
treated as cancelled.
a. The following quota will also be observed:-
b. 5% quota is fixed for Minorities/non Muslims in all categories.
c. 5% quota is fixed for Orphans in all categories.
d. 2% quota is fixed for disable persons for Item No.1 to 2 only.
e. 10% quota is fixed for ex-Servicemen for Item No.3 to 16.
f. 20% quota for son/daughter of Railways Employee including 2% fixed for son/daughter
of Railways deceased employees for Item No.3 to 16.