Through the Ritchie-Jennings Memorial Scholarship, the ACFE Foundation supports the education of students who have an interest in pursuing a career in fraud examination. The scholarship provides an opportunity for students to advance their education and anti-fraud career paths. Many of these outstanding and deserving students go on to become Certified Fraud Examiners.
The Ritchie-Jennings Memorial scholarship award amounts are $10,000, $5,000, $2,500, and $1,000. Scholarships are awarded in U.S. dollars and include a one-year ACFE Student Associate membership . Awards will be paid directly to the award recipient’s university.
2019-2020 Scholarship Schedule:
- 2019-2020 Application – NOW OPEN
- Application Deadline – Completed online by January 30, 2019
- Scholarship Award Recipients Announced – April 20, 2019
- Scholarship Awards Distributed – April 30, 2019
Scholarship applicants must currently be enrolled full-time and similarly enrolled during the 2019-2020 academic year at an accredited, four-year college or university. Applicants must have a declared major or minor in accounting, business administration, finance or criminal justice and demonstrate a desire to pursue a career in fraud examination or similar anti-fraud profession.
Applicants must meet the following requirements in order to be eligible:
- Undergraduates must be enrolled 9 semester hours (or equivalent) per term
- Graduates must be enrolled 6 semester hours (or equivalent) per term
- Be currently enrolled at an accredited, four-year college or university with enrollment through the 2019-2020 academic year
- Submit a Completed Ritchie-Jennings Memorial Scholarship application
- Provide Official Transcript(s) showing all completed college or university courses
- Two recommendation forms must be submitted on behalf of the applicant
Applicants must have a declared major or minor in accounting, business administration, finance, criminal justice and demonstrate a desire to pursue a career in fraud examination or similar anti-fraud profession. The institution must be an accredited, four-year college or university. Scholarship applicants must be currently enrolled full-time and enrolled through the 2020 academic year.
The following persons are not eligible to apply:
- Past scholarship award recipients
- High school students (including seniors)
- Junior college or community college students
- College or university students graduating in 2019 (students must be enrolled through 2020)
- ACFE Chapter officers or directors
Deadline: January 30 2019