UTSIP Kashiwa, initiated by the Graduate School of Frontier Sciences in 2013, provides a hands-on research internship program in the departments of Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Studies, Information Technology, International Studies, Materials Sciences, Advanced Energy, Ocean Science, Physics and Sustainability Science Studies.
The UTSIP 2019 is a Fully Funded Internship. The Duration of the Internship will be 6 Weeks & the Students with the follwoing disciplines or have interest in these disciplines Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Studies, Information Technology, International Studies, Materials Sciences, Advanced Energy, Ocean Science, Physics and Sustainability Science Studies.
2019 UTSIP Kashiwa will offer two different programs:
Program A June 3 (Mon) to July 12 (Fri), 2019
Program B June 24 (Mon) to August 2 (Fri), 2019
Orientation, lectures by leading researchers at GSFS, Japanese classes, half-day excursion, and Welcome Party
Participants will study under the guidance of their respective laboratories after developing a research proposal, and will gain first-hand experience in the academic research process.
Participants will make a presentation summarizing their research experience and the findings of their research project, followed by Farewell Party
The fee must be paid on the first day of the UTSIP.
Note: This fee may be waived, and when you complete the online application, a request to waive the fee is automatically recorded. The decision regarding acceptance and the fee waiver will be sent to you at the same time.
The research departments accepting UTSIP students
Division of Transdisciplinary Sciences
● Advanced Materials Science
● Advanced Energy
● Complexity Science and Engineering
Division of Biosciences
● Integrated Biosciences
● Computational Biology and Medical Sciences
Division of Environmental Studies
● Ocean Technology, Policy, and Environment
● Environment Systems
● Human and Engineered Environment Studies
● Socio-cultural Environmental Studies
● International Studies
● Graduate Program in Sustainability Science
Approximately 35 students in total
(17 students for each program)
How to Apply:
- Step 1: Choose Program A or B
- Step 2: Choose a professor/laboratory to work in from the host laboratory list
- Step 3: Apply through the UTSIP Online application system. Click on the Red Link Below to proceed to UTSIP Japan Summer Internship 2019 online application form.