The Asia-Pacific Centre of Education for International Understanding (APCEIU) will organize the 5th Youth Leadership Workshop on GCED (Global Citizenship Education) from 3 to 9 June 2019 in Seoul Korea. The 5th Youth Leadership Workshop on GCED is a one-week Workshop program.
The UNESCO 2019 5th Youth Leadership Workshop one-week Workshop aims to build the capacity of dynamic youth leaders around the world to identify strategies to achieve Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), specifically Target 4.7, and to carry out innovative initiatives on fostering global citizenship and human rights. While enabling participants to deepen their understanding of GCED, the Workshop allows the young leaders to play a major role and become part of a wider network of youth leaders for GCED.
5th Youth Leadership Workshop on GCED Details:
During the 5th Youth Leadership Workshop on GCED In Seoul Korea, participants will identify priority issues around global citizenship and establish plans for the future direction of GCED. Working both individually and in groups, participants will learn about specific areas such as human rights through information sessions and dialogue and debates on the evolving issues. As part of the Workshop, participants will make a field visit to discuss the role of youth for a more peaceful and sustainable future.
- To deepen youth leaders’ understanding of global citizenship and human rights.
- To provide a forum for participating youth leaders to discuss and establish action plans suitable for the implementation of GCED at local, national, and regional levels
- To identify innovative youth-led initiatives on GCED in different regions
Dates and Venue:
- Dates: 3 – 9 June 2019
- Venue: Seoul, Republic of Korea
Organizers and Partners:
- Organizer: APCEIU
- Sponsor: Ministry of Education of the Republic of Korea
- Cooperation Partner: GCED Youth Network
List Of Countries:
The UNESCO 2019 5th Youth Leadership Workshop on GCED In Seoul Korea is for provides opportunities to youths who are citizens of both the ODA recipient countries and the UNESCO member states.
UNESCO 2019 5th Youth Leadership Workshop Benefits:
The UNESCO APCEIU will provide accommodation, meals, and local transportation for all participants during the workshop. APCEIU will also cover the round-trip international airfare to and from Seoul, Korea. However, participants are responsible for domestic travel expenses to and from the international airport in their countries and Korean visa application fees. The insurance in case of accidents during the workshop period in Korea will be covered by APCEIU. However, for any other purposes such as visiting hospitals for personal reason etc., the cost should be covered individually. If you have a concern on this issue, we kindly recommend you to individually get medical/health insurance before the participation.
Eligibility Criteria For UNESCO 5th Youth Leadership Workshop
- Applicant should meet the following requirements:
- Born between 1991 and 2000
- Citizens of the Official Development Aid (ODA) recipient countries (Refer to the following box) and UNESCO member states
- Minimum 2 years of experience in youth activities
- Submission: Application must be submitted online. The deadline is 31 March 2019 (KST 23:59).
- Notification: Notification of selection in the form of invitation letter will be sent by 8 April 2019.
- Registration: All selected participants must register by 14 April 2019 at the latest. Late registration will not be accepted and will be considered as cancellation of participation. In case of cancellation, the invitation will be forwarded to the next applicant on the waiting list.
Before continuing your application for UNESCO 2019 5th Youth Leadership Workshop on GCED In Seoul Korea, please keep in mind that you have to:
- Complete [Part 1] Personal Information (will take about 10 minutes)
- Complete [Part 2] Information on Past and Current Activities (will take about 30 minutes)
- Check [Part 3] Completion of the E-learning Course. We have an official record system to keep track of pass/fail on this course, so if there is any mismatch between the answer within the application and the online course record system, the following applicants will be automatically disregarded during the selection process.
Application for the 5th Youth Leadership Workshop on GCED must be submitted before 31 March 2019 (KST 23:59). Successful applicants will be notified by 8 April 2019. Travel expenses and Workshop fees will be covered by APCEIU for the selected participants (participants will be responsible for the domestic travel expenses and visa fees in their own countries).