World Bank Paid Summer Internship Program
The World Bank Internship Program offers highly motivated individuals an opportunity to be exposed to the mission and work of the World Bank Group in international development. The internship allows individuals to bring new perspectives, innovative ideas and latest research experience into the Bank’s work and improve their skills while working in a diverse environment. An internship at the World Bank is an opportunity to learn while gaining practical experience. Interns generally find the experience to be rewarding and interesting. In addition, it is a way to enhance their CVs with practical work experience.
How To Get An Internship At The World Bank
The World Bank Paid Summer Internship Program typically seeks candidates for: Operations (Front Line) in the following fields: economics, finance, human development (public health, education, nutrition, population), social sciences (anthropology, sociology), agriculture, environment, engineering, urban planning, natural resources management, private sector development, and other related fields; or Corporate support (Accounting, Communications, Human Resources Management, Information Technology, Treasury, and other corporate services).
The Bank pays an hourly salary to all Interns and, where applicable, provides an allowance toward travel expenses. Interns are responsible for their own living accommodations. Most positions are in Washington, DC; few others are in World Bank Country offices. This is business driven and varies. Usually, internship opportunities are for a minimum of four weeks.
The World Bank Group Internship is offered twice a year:
• Summer Internship (May–September): The application period is December 1–January 31 each year.
• Winter Internship (November–March): The application period is October 1-31 each year.
All applications must be submitted online and during the respective application period. (We do not accept applications by email.)
J1 visa holders need to obtain a G4 visa abroad prior to starting employment or unpaid internship at the Bank Group.
To be eligible for an Internship, candidates must have an undergraduate degree and be enrolled in a full-time graduate study program (pursuing a Master’s or Ph.D.’s degrees with plans to return to school full-time). There is no age limit.
Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of languages such
We value diversity in our
HOW TO APPLY FOR World Bank Paid Summer Internship Program :
Application Form: Take time to prepare your application and enter your personal information accurately. You will be asked to upload the following documents:
Curriculum Vitae (CV)
– Statement of Interest
– Proof of Enrollment in a graduate degree
Application Checklist: the following application checklist is meant to facilitate your application experience.
• Ensure that you use either Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, or Internet Explorer 10 or higher as your browser version.
• Please make sure that you are connected with a reasonable bandwidth of internet connection without any network/firewall restriction.
• You will be asked to register for an account and provide an email address.
• You must complete your application in a single session and you will only be able to submit it if you have uploaded all the required documents and answered all the questions (all questions marked with an asterisk-*- are required).
• Please complete the application within 45 minutes to avoid a system timeout.
• Provide the most current contact information. Ensure that you have correctly spelled out your email address, since this will be our main channel of communication with you regarding your candidacy
• Ensure that you have correctly spelled out your email address, since this will be our main channel of communication with you regarding your candidacy.
• Remember to enter your complete phone number (country code + city code + number).
• Please do not enter any special characters (â-<>&#â, etc.) in any of the application fields. Try not to copy and paste any characters/text from Microsoft Word.
• Please upload the following documents (mandatory) before submitting your application:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Statement of Interest
- Proof of Enrollment in a graduate degree
Note: Each file should not exceed 5 MB, and should be in one of the following formats: .doc, .docx, or .pdf
• Please make sure that the filenames of the documents that you are attaching do not contain any special characters, such as â-<>&#â, etc. PDF files are the best files to upload.
• Once you submit your application, you will not be able to make any further changes/updates.
• Upon submission of your application you will receive an email confirmation providing you with your application number.
All applications are stored in a database which is consulted by hiring Managers based on business needs. Please note that candidates will not hear from us unless they are shortlisted by a hiring Manager that is looking to hire an intern. Managers have access to the Internship database from February – July (Summer Internship) and from November – January (Winter Internship). We do not have a pre-identified number of positions for interns per season. For each season, hiring is solely based on business needs.
Check out More jobs and Internships
- Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Public Service Commission Advertisement No.08/2018
- Fauji Fertilizer Company Limited Management Trainees Programs 2019[Apply Here]
- Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) 2019 Latest Jobs 200+ Vacancies
- Project based Jobs at KPITB 2019 [APPLY HERE]
- Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Elementary & Secondary Education Department Jobs
- Federal Public Service Commission Jobs For 2019
- Jobs vacancies in National Highways and Motorway Police Pakistan(BS-05)
- Islamic Relief Jobs and Internship For Pakistan 2019